Tuesday, November 13, 2007

25,541

I tried something new tonight: I used the NaNoWriMo site word count validator instead of just posting my own word count. Imagine my surprise (and pleasure) to find their count was exactly one word greater than mine! I thought that was very good to know.

Also a nice change from last year: I didn't have to save as a .txt file to upload it. Just copied and pasted straight from MS Word, click "submit" and the deed was done.

I'm doing well with a pace of 2000 words/day. Still not completely sure which will come first: 50,000 or story's end. We shall see.

1 comment:

Dreaming again said...

It gave me one more as well, at 25,525 instead of 25,524. :).

I ended where I was writing this afternoon, and my story took a turn I didn't quite expect. I was worried I'd not be able to start again. But after a couple of hours of shock, I was able to start back up again. It's amazing how these stories twist and turn without permission!