Saturday, November 3, 2007

Taking a break

... and thought I'd check in here. I've got about 500 something words done for the day. I've got a bunch left to go. It's frustrating to find myself writing literally a sentence at a time - I have paragraphs - pages even - of ideas, but putting ink on paper (errr... changing the color of pixels on a screen) is being a torturous process for some reason.

I think my real problem is that I haven't been able to get inside the heads of my characters yet. I'm having to think about how they would react, what they would say, and what the 'rules' of their world/existence are. It will get easier if I can start living in that world in my mind, but I'm not there yet. Oh well.

Guess I just gotta keep pounding.

It's encouraging to hear that others are breezing through these early days - maybe some of your novelistness will rub off on the rest of us. :)

No comments: