Monday, November 12, 2007

I'm A Flake

Sigh... I've now experienced a couple of days of zero word counts. I was ahead for a while, but those week two bugaboos have stolen my lead. Or my head. Or something. I put down only a couple thousand words since last Wednesday.

Oh well.

I think my story is about to take a turn from basic exposition to send my MC ricocheting in a new direction. I'm hoping it will spur one of those 5K days I've heard about. That would about put me back on track.

Now, if I can tear myself away from the internet and the dogs and the reruns of CSI I should be able to crank out the next chunk of story. Off I go....

2 comments:

Mady said...

I've written next to nothing for 3 days as well, so you are not alone. I had an exceptionally busy (and highly volatile) weekend and today spent all day preparing for my book club presentation (which, ummm... included reading the entire actual book). But I'm getting back on that horse tonight.

2000 words or BUST!

*attacks keyboard*

Amy said...

hee...

I actually managed to crank out over 2000 yesterday. That's the good news. The bad news is that I have 0 words again today. I'm rapidly approaching that point where I'm going to have to hit 2000 every single day or I won't make it to 50,000. Here's hoping for a couple of 5000 word days sometime soon.