Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Not Going Well At All

I haven't been able to write much, at all the past several days. I got sick, then had an allergic reaction to the medication I was given. Combine that with a couple of days full of migraines equals just over 2000 words total. Blech! I'm lucky I've gotten 10 words a day for a couple of days. Hopefully, this weekend I'll be able to catch up. There's just no way I'll get to 50,000. I'm finding it extremely difficult to shut up my inner editor. I want to go back to what I've written and add more descriptive elements to the scene, instead of plowing forward. It's how I normally write, and the old habit is dying hard.

Pat

3 comments:

Emily said...

Sorry you are not feeling well. :( I, too, am having difficulty shutting my inner editor off. She's just running rampant!

Mady said...

Feel better soon! :)

Amy said...

I know it defies conventional NaNo wisdom, but if you want to go back and _add_to_ what you've written, I think you should. Especially if it will help you move forward with your story. If you feel like you've left something out it can be hard to move forward because you know you don't have the setup for what's coming up.

You're only allowed to add though - no changing, deleting, or wholesale rewrites of scenes. That will bog you down even worse.