Friday, November 16, 2007

Editing Away...

I managed to add 472 words to my manuscript just by sneaking in adjectives here and there and adding a sentence every now and then. I went back and edited my novel-in-progress, that's when I added the words. I know, I know, I am not supposed to edit, that's supposed to be for December, but I can't help myself. It's in my nature to edit things. In this case, the editing actually helped me.

1 comment:

Dreaming again said...

OH, I consider that positive editing :)

I go back and look at the grammar checks, which usually catch fragmented sentences. Which, will add words ... :D

Always helpful. I've been able to add a few hundred in mine as well. Always helpful.

I got stuck on Tuesday and today was finally unstuck. I wrote 1100 words between Tuesday and today. 2500 today.

My MC took an unexpected turn and it threw me for a loop. Now that I've dealt with that loop, I think I'm ok.